Google needs targeted visibility on any business nowadays. Google business listing is the third entity that also needs optimization apart from their website and Google Ads. This can be officially referred to as a Business profile, this powerful listing may be a dynamic snapshot of your business that highlights your best features and enables potential customers to quickly find, learn about, and engage with your business. Most percentage of the worldwide search engine market share comes from Google, it certainly helps the organic searches clear the majority.
It also shows the effectiveness of local SEO on the value of GMB listing.
For ranking Business Profiles, Google’s algorithm does not just consider proximity and relevance but also activity and quality of information. In local results, optimizing the Google Business Profile sends signals to Google to rank you higher. And a higher rank means more visibility and commitment to your business.
Before we proceed on the 12 essential Google My Business optimization, we need to optimize Google Business Profile first, why? Because optimized Business Profile helps consumers in choosing your business first over your competitors. The tool from Google that helps business owners to manage their online appearance across the search engine and its growing portfolio of utilities is Google My Business (GMB).
The very important step in any local SEO strategy is to claim and verify your local business, getting on Google My Business (GMB) listing. It provides higher chances of showing up in Google’s Local Pack, Local Finder, Google Maps, and organic rankings. Local businesses can claim the free listing on Google which includes information about the company, like address, business number, types of payments accepted, and business hours.
Business Profile can be converted into the most effective customer acquisition tool you didn’t know you had with these optimizations. Now, let’s get into it.
Here are the 12 Essential Google My Business Optimizations for 2021:
- Claim your Business Profile, most detailed and accurate information will be easier to serve in search.
- Be diligent with contact information (Name, Address, Phone Number, Email)
- Fulfill every portion of your Google My Business account
- Write a complete “from the business” description
- Select primary and secondary categories
- Upload new photos weekly to help business listings’ performance
- Publish and update Google posts weekly, publish offers, events, products, and services directly to Google Search and Maps through posts on Google My Business.
- Manage & Respond to Customer Reviews
- Add your products and/or services – offer information about products including pricing, details, and photos, allows customers to get a better idea of products offered and interact more with businesses.
- Stay Connected During COVID-19 (Answer questions)
- Set up messaging – in the age of COVID-19, GMB offers even more flexibility around hours and messaging for potential customers.
- Maintain your Business Profile